Sunday, May 18, 2008

Where is my house going when I am not there


We needed to order a new bathing suit for our daughter. To get it before the big party we requested next-day FedEx delivery. Days went by and no suit arrived. I did get the replacement motherboard for our computer (via FedEx) without any problems. I checked their website and noticed that they attempted delivery twice, but were unsuccessful. I finally called FedEx to find out what was happening.

When I gave the tracking number to the customer service person, she burst out laughing. When she settled down to a simple giggle, I asked her what was so funny. She told me that there was a note on the account reporting that the house was not at the address. I assured her the house was here and I was currently in it. She gave me directions to the place where it was being held and I made plans to drive down there the next day.

When I got to the site, the person wanted to know what color door tag was left at my house. I told her that there was no door tag since the driver couldn't find my house. She insisted that I tell her what color the door tag was because that would help her find the package. Does anyone else see the vicious circle forming? Anyway, I gave her the tracking number and she found the package and showed me how the address was impossible to read, so the driver guessed at the address. Much to their surprise, last February's tornado did remove the house at 108 E. Teri Court from its expected location, hence the "house gone" problem.

Lesson learned from this, make sure you secure your house when you leave so it can't hide from the delivery people.

1 comment:

kh said...

Wow, I can't believe you posted your actual address on the internet. Now I can stalk you! ;)

I once had a package that I was ardently expecting show as "Delivered" on the tracking status even though it had not arrived. After a frantic phone call to DHL, it was discovered that my pacakge was still on the truck, but accidentally marked as delivered.

Anyway, I hope your surgery goes well.